Adjusting to American Culture
for international students in the U.S.A.
If you are an international student, who has been accepted for admission to college or university in the U.S.A., the following articles will help you transition into campus life and adjust to American culture. Topics range from the differences in the American Education System, immgration information, adjustment tips for international students into American lifestyles, American holidays and customs in the United States, safety for international students in the United States, etc.
- Getting Involved on Campus - NEW
- Culture Shock - NEW
- I’m not from here, I am not from there, I am not from anywhere! - NEW
- Surviving the First Month - NEW
- Love Where You Live and Learn!- NEW
- Adjusting to College Life - NEW
- Cultural Immersion: Getting Involved in Your New Community
- American Education System
- Cultural Adjustment & Transitioning
- Resources for International Students
- An Adventure in American Values
- Definitions of Common Immigration Terms
- Basic Immigration Terminology
- Holidays & Customs
- Living in the United States: Tips for International Students
- Safety On & Off Campus
- Safety in the U.S.
- Social Security Numbers for International Students